Who is the dat@UBFC portal intended for?
The portal dat@UBFC provides a description of collections of digital data resulting from scientific research in the form of metadata sheets.
These sheets are freely accessible to everyone through a browsing interface.
What is metadata ?
Datasets and databases are described by a set of metadata.
Metadata is data that describes other data. It answers the questions Where? When? Who? What? How? Why?
Its aim is to facilite the search, use and exploitation of data it describes.
The home page
- Accessing records through the "Search" field.
- Checking the list of dat@UBFC portals.
- Receiving alerts on the latest records created or updated through an RSS feed.
- Reviewing information pages such as "Legal Notices" or "About Us".
- Contacting the dat@UBFC team.
- Request registration on the dat@UBFC portal.
There are several tools allowing visitors to access the metadata records. These are available from the home page through the means described above.
The result of each search is shown in the display page of the the lists of records. In this page, it will then be possible to refine the search.
From this general list, the user is provided with several search modes:
This method allows a free text query on the entire record (title, description, keywords ...) through a search bar at the top of the page.
This search mode allows to filter results by one or several criteria such as discipline, data language, publisher ...
These results are organized through filter fonctions: by last update, by date of creation, by title and by selection of a number of records to display.
Consulting a metadata record
It is possible to access to a record by clicking on its title or thumbnail.
- General metadata (identifier, description, title...)
- Coverages (spatial coverage, taxonomic coverage...)
- Administrative metadata (creator, contributor...)
- Technical metadata (format, method...)
- Structural metadata (publication, collection...)
- In case of open access, the user can directly view (or query) the data by clicking the button access to data.
- In case of restricted access: the user is invited to contact the “scientific contact” of the metadata record.
Apply for registration
Access to the input interface is reserved for any people registered in the platform.
For any unregistered people, access to the input interface can be made on request to the team dat@UBFC via the registration form.
In case of problem
In case of difficulty, please fill the bottom contact form on the home page stating your request.