Data creators : Julie Albaric  , Marc Steinmann  , Jean-Philippe Malet , Anthony Abi Nader  
Data collector : Vanessa Stefani  , Anne Boetsch , Camille Geley  , Jordan De Molo  
 : Laboratoire Chrono-environnement (UMR 6249) (Université de Franche-Comté)
 : Observatoire des Sciences de l'Univers - Terre, Homme, Environnement, Temps, Astronomie (UAR 3245) (Université de Franche-Comté)
 : Ecole et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre (UMS 830)
This project focuses on understanding karstic systems and particularly on the issue of recharge and transfer processes in these very heterogeneous and generally inaccessible environments. The objective is to use the fiber optic technique to identify the recharge points of the karstic aquifer of Fourbanne (25) by measuring the temperature of the water continuously along the conduit/cavity, and ultimately to propose a hydrogeological model of the flow constrained by thermal observations.
Access details :
To access the data, please contact the scientific data manager.
Data acquisition date : from 10 Nov 2020 ongoing
Data acquisition methods :
- Experimental data : Way to obtain data: collect of data obtained at the level of the digitizer of an optical fiber installed in the underground cavity along the 850m long conduit. The digitizer measure all the 5min with a sampling of 50CM.
How it works?
The fiber is made of silica. Depending on the temperature, it will see its molecules vibrate (due to the heat). The light injected into the fiber will interact with these molecules in vibration (more precisely photon-electron). This phenomenon will generate a return of light, but in a changed way (shift in photon frequency). Depending on the more or less significant shift in frequency, we are able to measure the temperature (via digitizer).
This phenomenon is called Raman back scattering.
Formats : application/pdf, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet, image/x-ascii-grid, text/csv
Audience : University: licence, University: master, Research
Spatial coverage :
- Fontenotte(25): latitude between 47° 23' 18" N and 47° 21' 28" N, longitude between 6° 18' 13" E and 6° 20' 27" E, between 337m and 478m of altitude
Time coverage :
- Depuis le 10 novembre 2020: 2020-11-10 and after
Publisher : Laboratoire Chrono-environnement (UMR 6249)
Label : Plateforme UBFC
Projects and funders :
- FIBROKARST - Caractérisation des processus de recharge dans un système karstique : Scan dynamique 3D et mesures par fibre optique
- SRO envergure OSU THETA 2021 (OSU)
- SRO envergure OSU THETA 2022 (OSU)
- Thèse de doctorat en sismologie environnementale - Anthony Abi Nader
- Contrat doctoral (Region Bourgogne Franche-Comté)
Additional information :
Data collected as part of the thesis in environmental seismology by Anthony Abi Nader, co-supervised by Julie Albaric, associate professor and Christian Sue, professor, Chrono-environnement, University of Franche-Comté.
Record created 6 Apr 2022 by Julie Albaric.
Local identifier: FR-18008901306731-2022-04-06.