Dataset : World influence of infectious diseases from Wikipedia network analysis
with the top PageRank diseases being Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and Malaria. From the reduced Google matrix we determine the sensitivity of world countries to specific diseases integrating their influence over all their history including the times of ancient Egyptian mummies. The obtained results are compared with the World Health Organization (WHO) data demonstrating that the Wikipedia network analysis provides reliable results with up to about 80 percent overlap between WHO and REGOMAX analyses.
José Lages, Dima Shepelyansky, Guillaume Rollin (2018): World influence of infectious diseases from Wikipedia network analysis. UTINAM. doi:10.25666/DATAOSU-2019-01-10-02
Spatial coverage :
- Monde: latitude between 85° N and 85° S, longitude between 180° W and 180° E
Time coverage :
APEX - Analyse Physique des résEaux compleXes
- Projet recherche, financement 2017 (Region Bourgogne Franche-Comté)
GNETWORKS - Google matrix analysis of real complex networks
- I-SITE UBFC (COMUE UBFC)
- Derived or compiled data : Web crawling of Wikipedia editions (May 2017) to retrieve information.
- Simulation or computational data : PageRank, CheiRank and 2DRank algorithms have been used to rank articles of the English Wikipedia language edition (May 2017).
Reduced Google matrix method has been used to infer interaction between articles.
- World Influence of Infectious Diseases from Wikipedia Network Analysis (doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2899339)